When you’ve got a craving, Albany, Georgia, satisfies.
Posted on 6/19/2023 by Rashelle Minix
Check out our list of the best places to grab a bite:
- Breakfast lovers will want to start the day at Pearly’s Famous Country Cooking (814 North Slappey Boulevard, Albany, Georgia; 229-431-0141)…but, arrive early. Pearly’s is no secret and lines sometimes wrap the building. Service oozes with Southern hospitality and breakfast treats include blueberry pancakes, eggs just about any way you can imagine, cathead biscuits with gravy and coffee done right. There’s a reason they’ve been voted “Best of the Best” three years running! Beyond breakfast, meat and threes take the stage with offerings like okra, ham, chicken and dumplings…no one leaves Pearly’s hungry.
- Feast on fresh eats at The Bread House (520 North Jefferson, Street, Albany, Georgia 31707; 229-888-9775), another must-try when in Albany and specializing in farm-to-table bites, including a craft juice and coffee bar, all housed in the charming setting of a historical building.
- Craving a slice? Locally owned Harvest Moon (2347 Dawson Road, Albany, Georgia 31707; 229-439-7077) is the go-to for a slice of famous Harvest Pie pizza, piled high with pesto, grilled eggplant, Portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, tri-colored bell peppers, spinach, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Here you’ll also find an assortment of more than 50 craft and import beers, with evening musical entertainment served on the side Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Tip: Try the award-winning Chicken Pot Pie–a pizza take on a classic dish.
- If your beverage of choice is wine, consider a quick day trip to Still Pond Vineyard and Distillery (1575 Still Pond Road, Arlington; StillPond.com). Still Pond is the only Farm Winery and Distillery in the Southeast United States and a proud member of the American Distilling institute and proudly produced craft spirits. Enjoy strolling through the lush vineyards. Sample some of Still Pond’s 18 award-winning wines and savor sips of the vodka awarded a Double Gold medal by The Fifty Best, an online guide to fine living, featuring rated listings from unbiased, proprietary blind tastings by wine/spirits journalists, spirits professionals, retailers, mixologists, spirits consultants and connoisseurs.
- Wind down the progressive dining experience around Albany with brews at Pretoria Fields Collective (120 Pine Avenue, Albany, Georgia 31701; 229-518-1770), where the four core beers, as well as seasonally released limited editions available only in the tasting room, offer sudsy sips for everyone. Flights of beers are available to those who have a tough time choosing. The brewery also serves as a community space, a place for gathering old friends and making new connections over a shared enjoyment of craft beer. The outdoor courtyard is the perfect place to toss a game of corn hole or practice your disc golf putt. Indoors, board and card games, as well as an exceptional view of the 30-barrel brew house, make for a relaxed ambiance. Field Guides offer free guided tours of the brewery on the top of the hour–just let them know when you order a beer that you’d like to join a tour. Ongoing events, including live music and food trucks, round out the experience. Well-behaved children and dogs on leashes are always welcome, too.
- After brews satisfy hunger pangs at neighbor nearby, The Flint (112 Pine Avenue, Albany, Georgia 31707; 229-302-3568), which opened doors in Summer 2019. Owned and operated by the Singfield family, the same tour de force behind Albany Fish Company, The Flint is a full-service fine dining restaurant situated along the Flint River and remains true to local roots while exploring the flavors of the world. Guests can salivate over Southern cuisine with a modern twist, including Stuffed Flounder and Fried Catfish, while celebrating a sense of community in a gathering place featuring the freshest seafood and richest Southern cuisine in Southwest Georgia.
- Head to Corks Wine & Charcuterie for a curated charcuterie board and a bottle of wine to take home or back to your hotel room (2700 Dawson Road, Suite 5, Albany, Georgia 31707; 229- 405-1500). A full menu includes primer reserve beef and seafood selections such as live Maine lobster. Reservations are suggested and appreciated. Sip, savor and browse delicious dining options as you celebrate the day.
- Home to Stewbo’s Restaurant Group, Albany offers several standout haunts for memorable dinners, each serving up a specialized cuisine in a one-of-a-kind ambiance, tempting even the pickiest palates. Another option, The Catch (2332 Whispering Pines Road, Albany, Georgia 31707; 229-446-2235), features the best hush puppies the South has to offer! Order from their oyster bar–eat ‘em raw off the shell or baked to perfection.
- Nearby, Bianca’s Italian Restaurant (2401 Dawson Road, Albany, Georgia 31701; 229-404-3779) offers fine dining Italian favorites as well as steak and seafood. The upscale ambiance is ideal for date night and special occasions while the well-rounded menu offers something for everyone.