Getting Back in Touch with the Great Outdoors of Albany, GA
Posted on 10/11/2021 by Cole McInvale
As the pandemic begins to calm down, getting outside and enjoying time with loved ones might be the first items on your bucket list, but where to begin? Plan a trip the whole family can enjoy while exploring the nature and history of Albany, Georgia. Whether you’re from the area or just visiting, Visit Albany GA is here to point you to great places where you can find attractions and activities in Mother Nature. Here, we take a closer look at some not-to-miss Albany, GA outdoor attractions.
Popular Outdoor Attractions
Whether you are looking for a winding river for kayaking, a beautiful garden with stunning scenery, or a family-friendly park to enjoy a picnic with loved ones, Albany offers a variety of outdoor attractions for any outdoor enthusiast. These sites include:
- Chehaw Park and Zoo: Home to over 238 animals, Chehaw Park and Zoo is a great place for families and friends to experience the outdoors. This park also provides mountain bike trails, a BMX track, an R/C car track, an 18-hole disc golf course, camping, and hiking.
- Radium Spring Gardens: Known as one of Georgia’s seven natural wonders, Radium Spring Gardens offers beautiful scenery complete with a restored terrace, new sidewalks, a butterfly garden, and gazebos.
- RiverFront Park: With six acres along the Flint River, this park has a beautiful lawn and biking trail along with areas for family picnics and gatherings.
- Turtle Grove Play Park: This is a safe, community-built park that features seven different play areas for children ages one to 14.
- Ray Charles Plaza: Enjoy listening to beloved melodies from the late great Ray Charles at this historical site located along the Flint River. In the center of the plaza sits a life-size statue of the pioneering musician seated behind a Baby Garand Piano. (This area does have pavilions and picnic tables)
One of the many benefits of Albany is the wonderful weather all year round. This allows golf lovers the ability to work on their game during any month and season. Albany is home to golf courses of all skill levels, such as:
- Doublegate Country Club
- Flint River Municipal Golf Course
- River Pointe Golf Course
- Stonebridge Golf & Country Club
- Georgia Veterans Memorial Gold Course, Cordele
Find Your New Favorite Hunting Spot
As a sportsman’s paradise, Albany has no shortage of hunting locations. Hunt for quail, whitetail deer, turkey, or hogs at one of our great hunting plantations. After your hunt, enjoy the superior service, dining, and southern hospitality our beautiful hunting lodges provide. Albany’s hunting locations include:
- Wynfield Plantation: Experience over 2,000 acres of hunting land featuring native grasses, annual weeds, brambles, shrubs, and timberland at Wynfield Plantation.
- Gillionville Plantation: The oldest plantation in Georgia under the original family ownership, Gillionville Plantation is a large quail hunting property.
- Quail Country Plantation: Get your game on with the help of professional guides and hunting dogs at Quail Country Plantation.
- Quailridge Plantation: With over 40 years of experience, Quailridge Plantation strives to offer the best possible hunting experience.
- South Point at Showtime Plantation: Spanning over 5,000 acres in the heart of Terrell County, this hunting plantation offers the avid sportsmen the perfect getaway.
- Southern Woods Plantation: With day trips and overnight excursions available, Southern Woods Plantation offers a world-class hunting paradise.
Experience Mother Nature in Albany, Georgia
With COVID-19 almost in the rearview mirror, it is time to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Visit Albany GA connects residents and tourists with the Albany, GA outdoor attractions and activities that suit their interests. To learn more about what Albany has to offer, please contact us today.