It’s (Kinda) Fall, Y’all!
Posted on 10/4/2019 by Shelby Nichols
It’s almost time to enjoy the season of wonderful, cooler weather…well, we can dream. Let’s jump in and explore the many ways to fall into FALL here in the Good Life City!
- Starting the first weekend of October, Mark’s Melon Patch is your autumn HQ with a pick-your-own pumpkin patch, hayride, and corn maze as well as baskets upon baskets of fresh produce, PECANS for, you know, pie, and of course, that seasonal must-have—the perfect family photo!
- Live the art of Southern tradition with a hunting trip to Southwest Georgia—the quail hunting capital of the world!
- Calling all superheroes, princesses and baby sharks, Chehaw’s annual Spooktacular event is the season’s must-do; included in zoo admission, this Albany tradition also treats your littlest ghosts and goblins to face painting, games, cookie decorating and more! Costumes are strongly encouraged, as prizes are involved!
- Now it’s time to talk SHOPPING! Albany’s boutiques, including Downtown Dawsyn Boutique, Bandit and the Babe and Blush are here for it this year with snuggly scarves, soft sweaters and leggings galore. Do we really like NEED them in South Georgia? No. But we don’t need Pumpkin Spice Lattes either and we have those, so we need to match.
- As self-proclaimed foodies, the season’s big show is undoubtedly Thanksgiving. Set the tone and the table with the help of Place on the Point—our go-to for adding a little spice to our holiday spread.
Personally, fall is my favorite season; the air changes, the time changes (literally, we get an extra hour of sleep beginning November 3!) and everything seems so pretty and peaceful—join us in Georgia’s Good Life City and see for yourself, we’ll save you a slice of pie!