Labor Day Fun that Doesn’t Cost a Ton in Albany, Georgia
Posted on 8/24/2020 by Rashelle Minix
Free is a term we all know and love. From riverside strolls to must-see attractions, Georgia’s Good Life City proves that memory-making doesn’t have to break the bank.
- Picnic at Riverfront Park: With incredible views of the Flint River, this excursion is a great way to get outdoors, social distance, but still enjoy a wonderful afternoon with family and friends!
- Riverfront Trail: Speaking of picnics, need to walk off the delicious food you surely packed? Head down to Riverfront Trail and take a stroll along the Flint. Just don’t forget to pack some bug spray in your picnic basket!
- Kayak, Kayak, Kayak! We have so many incredible natural resources in the Good Life City, why not make use of them? Kayaking is a great way to explore the outdoors, from the Flint River to the Kinchafoonee Creek. Need to borrow one? Call local business Kayak Attack and they'll get you taken care of!
- Thronateeska Heritage Center is the perfect air conditioned attraction. The science center is free and houses many fun, interactive games and more! If you do want to spend a couple dollars, the planetarium shows are SO worth the money at just $5 per person. See what's playing here!
- Ray Charles Plaza is one of my personal favorite spots in the Good Life City. What’s better than Ray singing beautiful music, while his statue slowly turns? This is a great attraction to visit at sunrise or sunset. Those VIEWS!