Tis the Season for Plenty of Festive, Fun, Family Events in the Good Life City!
Posted on 12/3/2020 by Shelby Nichols
Ah, the Christmas season. Truly the most wonderful time of the year! The Good Life City has plenty of events that are sure to make your heart grow three sizes. We’re rounding up the biggest and brightest events for you to mark down on your calendars!
- Festival of Lights: The Festival of Lights is back in Albany to fill our hearts with Christmas cheer! Drive through Chehaw and enjoy the lights the nights of 4-6, 11-13 18-24 and 26-27 for $8 per car for members and $10 for nonmembers. Get ready to experience beautiful lights as well as hot cocoa, roasted marshmallows and more! Don’t miss this magical event with your loved ones.
- Virtual Sounds of Christmas Pre Show & Lighting of the Christmas Tree: 2020 has things looking quite different than normal, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate Christmas in a joyful and safe way! Santa will make a virtual appearance, entertainment acts will dazzle, and all can be seen from the comfort of your home. The 30th Annual Celebration of Lights “Sounds of Christmas” Pre- Show and Lighting of the Christmas Tree will stream virtually on Fox 31 News WFXL's Facebook Live on Saturday, December 5, 2020, from 5-6PM.
- Season of Light Planetarium Show: Thronateeska Heritage Center loves to get into the holiday spirit, and this year is no exception! December’s feature show in the Wetherbee Planetarium is a unique, must-see experience exploring the history of holiday customs around the world. The show will run through the end of the year and only costs $5!
- Santa Exhibit: An area tradition, Thronateeska Heritage Center is also bringing back its annual Santa Claus collection for display in the Science Center -- We’re talking HUNDREDS of St. Nicks!
- Selfies with Santa: It’s time to decide. Have you been naughty or nice? The big man himself will be visiting Thronateeska on Friday, December 4, from 4-6PM and will be taking notes on what the little ones are dreaming of for Christmas gifts. Hot cocoa and cookies from the Bread House will have you wondering why we can’t just do Christmas more than once per year.
- Christmas Wheels and Reels: This is Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color? Pack some blankets, snacks your favorite cotton-headed ninny muggins, because the Flint River Entertainment Complex is bringing the joy of the season directly to your car. Buddy the Elf will teach us how to have the best Christmas ever! Tickets are free. This event is December 5th.