Destination: Family Reunion
Posted on 8/3/2023 by Rashelle Minix
Planning a family reunion can be a hefty task when you go it alone but in Albany, you don’t have to tackle all the planning solo. Albany, Georgia, is destination: family reunion and offers something for everyone when it comes to fun activities and attractions in Georgia.
Did you know the Albany Convention and Visitors Bureau offers complimentary services for family reunion planning? From accommodation bids and catering options to t-shirt vendors and welcome bags, we have you covered in Albany. Here are a few ways we can help lighten the load in planning your reunion.
- Hotel Accommodations Bids: With so many wonderful lodging options in Albany, it can be daunting to reach out to each individual property to ensure your group gets the very best rate. Does your group have specific needs? Looking for pet-friendly options or properties with on-site meeting space and a swimming pool? We have you covered. Let us handle the process for you and cut down on the back and forth between each property. Simply fill out this form and we will be in touch with more information.
- Facility Rental Options: Depending on the size and needs of your group, we can help you narrow down the options. From a picnic at Chehaw Park and Zoo’s covered pavilion or Chehaw’s Creekside Education Center with onsite catering to a lovely event at Thronateeska Heritage Center’s Chataqua Room, there are so many unique venues to choose from in Albany. We will help you find the one most suitable for your group.
- Catering Options: We are happy to provide you with a list of catering options and assist with sending out requests for proposals to help make the process smoother. From seafood and steaks to barbeque and soul food, Albany has something for every group and every palate!
- Group Vendors: Need help with finding the perfect vendor to put that special touch on your event? We can help with that too! From custom t-shirts and flowers to balloon arches and more, we have an extensive list of vendors who can assist with all the extras for your reunion.
- Welcome bags for guests: We want your family to feel welcome in Albany! Our team is happy to put together welcome bags for your group which will include our Albany Visitors Guide and an Albany souvenir.
In addition to these services, we also offer several group itineraries which include Albany’s best family friendly spots and attractions. To help us get started on your family reunion planning, simply fill out this form and we will be in touch with more information or contact us at 1-866-750-0840. We look forward to assisting you with the planning and we can’t wait to welcome your family to Albany, Georgia!