Albany has many hotels that offer a hot continental breakfast included in the room rate.
Other breakfast options include:
- Dine with the cheetahs at Chehaw! Included is a hot continental breakfast, zookeeper talks with group and behind-the-scenes view. Advanced reservations required. Call Siverlene Blount at 1-866-750-0840.
Stop by the Albany Welcome Center for souvenirs and an introductory film, “From the Heart of Southwest Georgia”; call ahead for goodie bags and an official welcome from the Albany CVB.
- Chehaw (behind-the-scenes tours available with advance notice)
Group Tour Contact: Morgan Burnette, 229-430-5275
- Flint RiverQuarium & Imagination Theater (behind-the-scenes tours with advance notice)
Group Tour Contact: Vicki Churchman, 229-639-2650
Albany offers many opportunities for group lunches. For a catered lunch at a unique facility, such as the Flint RiverQuarium, Thronateeska Heritage Center or RiverFront Park, call Siverlene Blount at the Albany CVB. Other lunch options include:
- Cookie Shoppe
- Group Tour Contact: Mona Munir, (229) 883-3327
- Riverfront Park and the Ray Charles Plaza
- Thronateeska Heritage Center & Wetherbee Planetarium
Group Tour Contact: Cheryl Jones, 229-432-6955
- The Albany Civil Rights Institute (The Freedom Singers perform every second Saturday of each month)
Group Tour Contact: Frank Wilson, 229-432-1698.
Additional attractions in Albany
- The Albany Museum of Art
- The Carnegie Library
- Shopping at Lancaster Village
- Paula Deen Hometown Tour: to book the tour, call Siverlene Blount at the Albany CVB, 1-866-750-0840.
Ask Siverelene Blount about local, seasonal add-ons: Mark’s Melon Patch, Sunnyland Farms, Pretoria Fields Brewery and more.
Group Tour Contact: Randy Carr, 229-878-6369
- Albany offers many of the well-known chain restaurants such as Golden Corral and BJ's; for a complete list, click here.
Specially-arranged dinners with local historians or storytellers, behind-the-scenes tours or other evening entertainment may be booked through the Albany CVB.
Additional Evening Options:
- Theatre Albany
- Albany Symphony
- Albany Chorale