Great Ways to Enjoy Fall in the Good Life City
Posted on 10/8/2020 by Rashelle Minix
It's finally fall in the Good Life City. Good things are heading our way, from fun holidays to cooler weather (please please please!) Let's explore how to live your best life and fall right into fall in Albany!
- Satisfy Sweet Cravings at The Bread House – Is there anything better than pumpkin bread when cooler weather hits? Grab some yummy pumpkin bread at The Bread House and indulge in the finer things in life. If you want to enjoy it with a view, head down to Riverfront Park and make a picnic out of it.
- Get Lost in the Corn Maze at Mark’s Melon Patch – Mark loves to change up his corn maze each year, and he decided to do something particularly special for 2020. Patriotism is the theme this year, with the maze being in the shape of a beautiful bald eagle. Make sure to go check it out before the end of October, when the corn maze is shut down for another long year!
- Boo at the Zoo on Halloween – 2020 has been such a wild ride that we all totally deserve the opportunity to do something fun, especially the kiddos. Let them pick out the most awesome costume ever and head down to Chehaw, where guests can trick or treat around the zoo. Collect candy, see amazing animals, and play games through the zoo. Boo at the Zoo is included with zoo admission.
- Run a 5K –Ambetter by Peach State Health Plan and Michelob ULTRA have created the very first Flint River Entertainment Complex 5K Race Series. The races for the remainder of the year fall on October 17th, Halloween, and November 21st. Whether you've always wanted to run one but don't think you can, or you're an avid runner, now is a great time to get outside and exercise! It may be late in the year, but it’s not too late to kick those new year’s resolutions into gear (and maybe practice for next year, too!) To sign up, click here.
- Bike or Hike the Riverfront Trail – This 2.4-mile trail is the perfect place to get out and get those steps in while experiencing beautiful weather and gorgeous views. Check out the trees along the Flint River, and feel the cooler air hit your face as you decide that exercising during the fall season is not so bad. Well, not as bad as exercising in summer anyway.
- Shop for Your New Favorite Sweater at an Albany Boutique! – Is there truly anything better than a comfortable sweater that’s stylish but also makes you feel like you’re wearing a blanket in public, but also kind of getting away with it? Blush and Bandit and the Babe are selling GORGEOUS sweaters that check all the boxes. Visit them today to begin shopping! Can’t make it to the actual store? Don’t worry, they ship too.
Stay tuned for more exciting ABY holiday events!